Friday, July 11, 2008

FREE THERAPY....Bubble Blowing

My daughter doesn't speak yet and "lip rounding" is VERY challenging for her. We have used bubble blowing therapy for several years. We never realized that blowing bubbles was so therapeutic! Take some time, have some fun and blow bubbles....its FREE!

I found this great website that offers a recipe for making your own bubbles, I use some scented dish soap so for scented bubbles....have fun!

http://www.cerebralpalsy.org/category/treatment-and-therapy-news/

#1 on the list of free therapy- Blowing Bubbles!

Yes, this is one of the most effective things you can to to develop muscles needed for speech. You use the same muscles to blow bubbles as you do to form sounds in speech.

Here is cheap and easy bubble recipe :
Bubble Recipe1/2 cup of dish washing liquid (Dawn or Joy)
2 cups of water2 teaspoons of sugar
Add your choice of food coloring if you like.

Here is more information about cerebral palsy therapies.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog and I'm glad I did. My son is severely delayed in speech, too. His therapists have been working with him on blowing bubbles for quite some time. Just last week, he did! It's funny the little things we get excited about!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog...Feel free to add your comments.