Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Don't Forget the Other One

OK....I know how important it is to be sure to show each of my children how much I love them. I think overall I do a pretty good job, but lately I am finding it harder to show my oldest the same affection. I think that partly it is because she is growing and becoming a "little person". She has her own style, attitude, like and dislikes. As a parent it is a little frustrating. Well....maybe frustrating is a little harsh. It is just hard. My youngest, my special needs child, is still young enough that she likes having me around. She doesn't mind me doing things for her. She still wants to cuddle. Not to mention she is just "pure love". There really is no better way to describe her. I don't think she has an ounce of bad intentions in her. As a mom, I don't EVER want to show one child more affection, love....well anything more than the other. IT IS REALLY HARD.

I only know what it is like to have two VERY different kids. Sometimes I wonder if it is my little one's disability that makes me want to favor her. Is it because I feel like I need to protect her more? What will it be like when she is an adult? Will I still feel this way?

I wonder if ALL mothers have this struggle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog...Feel free to add your comments.