Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another One of Those Days

I think yesterday was what I would consider a terrible day. My husband keeps telling me that it could be worse, but as a mom, a sick child is a sick child and nothing is worse than that.

My little one went to school and after being at school for about an hour I got a call that she had a seizure. I hate seizures. She hasn't had an awake seizure in about a year and before that it was about 2 years. Something is always really wrong when she has awake seizures.

Last week (Thursday to be precise) our Neurologist decided to increase her Keppra by 1.5 ml...now that might not seem like a lot, but when you are dealing with kids and everything is based on weight....this is alot. I always freak out about the medication for some reason. It freaks me out to drug up my child!

Yesterday, after our seizure crisis, I had to speak with our Neurologist about the fact that we just increased her meds and now she is having awake seizures....he decided to increase the other med.....UGH.....THIS JUST SUCKS.

I then went to the school to see how she was doing and found out that she might have had a seizure on Tuesday as well.

****** Here is what I just don't understand.......WHY SHOULD ANY CHILD HAVE TO BE SICK? WHY SHOULD ANY CHILD HAVE TO SUFFER? WHY THE HELL CAN'T A MOM HAVE SUPER POWERS TO HEAL OUR KIDS?

I hate sitting by helpless. I hate having to rely on others to care about my child as much as I do....I hate knowing that when I walk out of a doctors office, that some other sick child is going to walk in and I am now "out of sight, out of mind".....

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your blog on the Ultimate Blog Party List. I sit here in tears as my 13 month old just had what I believe was a seizure 15 mins ago. She's waiting for an MRI next month. It ruins your whole day...it's sadness that no one can understand when your child struggles in the least little way. Your daughter will be in my prayers, and I hope these seizures will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll also be praying for her! A friend of mine has a special needs child, and while I certainly can't say that I know what you are going through, I have watched her go through something quite similar. Sending hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog...Feel free to add your comments.