Monday, August 17, 2009

Miss. Sassy-Pants!

We just started school (well it actually started last week, but today is our first full week). It is amazing to me that I still get chocked up. I'm not exactly sure if i am chocked up because I HATE new things, and starting out a NEW year sends me into turmoil or, is it because I am watching my kids grow up WAY to fast? I absolutely, positively....100% Love my kids and having them with me through the summer and letting go at the beginning of the year is VERY HARD.

So this morning we are starting our routines again. Trying to get back into the swing of things....The wake up at 7am, shower, breakfast, make lunches, brush teeth....then run out the door and join the rat races. We made it as far as breakfast and my quick moving train came to a screeching halt. Maddy decided that she wasn't going to take her medication. This is a little more than the "please take your Motrin because you are running a fever" stuff. Have you ever pleaded with your kids over that grape flavored cold/flu medication? Imagine giving your kids medicine EVERY DAY 2x a day. She takes two of them, they are the medication that controls her seizures. THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT. She clamped down her lips and wouldn't open her mouth. I tried to pry them open with my fingers, I tired to bribe her with food, I tried to make her laugh, I tried begging.....didn't work. She just looked me right in the eyes and pucked her lips and protested the dreaded medication....Talk about breaking my heart!!! Finally with tears in her eyes, she GAGGED down the meds. UGH....if only it could be easier. Does she understand that if she doesn't take this stuff she will have hundreds of seizure.....how do I teach her with out really letting her experience the effects? Reasoning with a 5yr old just doesn't work. I guess I will continue my quest for yummy things that I can hide it in.......

"It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding." - Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog...Feel free to add your comments.